Monday 17 March 2014

Music Events..You know how we do !!

Hey Event Lova's
 
Yes its been a little while but I have got to tell you that I am event busy.. its just madness but I LOVE IT all. So whats been happening Tee??
Well, I have been having fun going to events and planning events. As part of my 'resolution' I planned to  network within the professional context and go to a lot of events build my spectrum of the undercover event world.

1. Events Forum:  In February I took up the opportunity to go to a networking event for Event Management Professionals in London. It was done by group of Events Student as a final year project, 'The Events Forum' was the first Networking event that I have been to. Held in the Exchange in London Bridge the speaker line- up included: Event Brite amongst other events professionals in fashion and corporate businesses. It was refreshing to see young professionals come together and network it shows that industry has a future and is alive.


2: IGospel 2014: Now we all know that I am music obsessed. Being the independent person I am and bonding over our mutual love for all things music. My sister and I went to Igospel at the Royal Festival Hall in Waterloo. Igospel 2014 WOOOW ! professional musicians , 250 strong choir and epic talent. There was different categories: dancers, guitars of gospel, men of gospel, women of gospel, I tell you it was emotional Night. That was an event I will remember to see the gospel music supporters and young & old celebrating Gospel in Britain was truly inspirational. I haven't been to an event of this magnitude before but I cannot wait for Next year !!



3.University events
Amongst the events on the weekend, here I attended gospel event hosted by London Universities. The first was ' Stepping Out' by UEL Gospel Music Society at University of East London to celebrate their 3rd birthday, nice pleasant event.  The other was One accord hosted by Queen Mary University Christian Union, their first official big event and I must say they did an excellent job. It was encouraging to see students dedicate time to make these events happen and loving gospel openly and not being ashamed of it. And it also helped that I saw Jermaine from Xf actor and Dwayne Tryumf.
 
Upcoming event
 
4. University Gospel Choir of the Year
I love me some good old singing and what I love event more are choirs and what better way to combine both than going to the live UK SISTER ACT version. Yes at this moment I sit in anticipation of the this year's UGCY 2014. It will be on 5th April in Islington and I will not be missing it.  I have attended twice and I haven't been disappointed and I know I won't be.  I'm sure I will tell you all about it.
 
 
 
 
 
5. SUA Awards Ceremony
This event is a project I have been working on since January, It will be towards the event of April and will cater to 230 + people at Royal Regency Banqueting Suite. I will let you all know the troubles and joy of such an event which will be my taste of a corporate event. Check out the venue here :  http://royalregency.co.uk/
 
Well I'm sure that enough writing for now but stay in touch have fun reading, I will update you soon.
 
 
Tee's Ponder:  Be Proactive, go out there and let them know who you are, have fun and build up yourself !!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment