Monday 3 November 2014

Stepping into my own !!

Hey Lil Stars

Hope you are enjoying and getting ready for the cold season.
I made a little achievement today well it was more microscopic but in my mind its MAJOR but let me tell you the background story. As you know I am a freelance writer for SLIK magazine and today I had the pleasure of going behind the scenes at Mi-Soul radio station and see how they create their magic. We had  a group interview with the legendary 'Gordon Mac' who shared a lot of insight into the radio broadcasting industry and how the MiSoul station runs like an oiled machine.

The little personal achievements were that I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be, I didn't hiccup and my interview style was relaxed and conversational plus I was the only person that introduced myself, so a pat on the back. I just hope that this new found mini confidence will help me for the interviews/events that I have coming up in the near future.

In other news
So since I am flourishing into a social butterfly that I know I am on the inside I have signed up for my first solo gig later this month when I will be attending a business talk & networking event out hosted by Girls Talk London. An organisation dedicated to empowering young women, this will be their final event for the year with talks from successful women in various industries, Q&A section and then networking opportunity after the main event. It will be an opportunity to talk with young ladies attending the event and panellist , introduce myself and what I do and hopefully help to build a more confident me. I just hope I do not go all shy and literally go in my shell or have an hiccup attack which is what happens when I am terrified or nervous. Only time will tell !! In the mean time check out this amazing video from Keri Murphy  CEO of Inspired Living - giving her advice & tips on 'How to build a big dream on a small budget' because at the end of the day ain't that what we all are doing ! Keep it rolling people.

 
Kisses & cuddles
Tee :o)


Tees Ponder: Things are not as bad as it seems, so BE BOLD and go get it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment