Monday 6 October 2014

Go explore - Praise Party !!

Hey Lil Stars

We are a couple of days into the month, Happy Black History Month by the way..
I am on a buzz at the moment ! WHY? So  sunday I had the pleasure of  combining my music passion with events by attending a praise party. My sister invited me to tag along with her and although I was sleep deprived and only got an 1 hour sleep the Saturday night followed by a 10 hour shift I had to go check this event out.

The Praise party was held at the Fab bar & grill in Herne hill near Brockwell park.It was the perfect venue, soft ambiance, a lounge section which easily transformed into music area or main stage.
while you enjoyed the music you had the opportunity to purchase Caribbean cuisine


I must tell you it was delight and the talent and artists on the night were just amazing.  Here is my take on the acts that stood out to me.

The Cokers - UK gospel duo and couple  who recently celebrated their 4th anniversary, I'm sure they are the cutest couple ever.  It was just a pleasure to listen to, their onstage presence was excellent they balance the praise and the worship elements  beautifully. But I cannot lie Siobhan Coker  has a range that is soo crisp, her higher register just SSLLAAAYYS, I need to go book vocal lesson like ASAP!!

Lois Kirby - I tell you this, No one can deny that she has a testimony to share, she actually reminded me the Clark sister who have mastered their voices and can smoothly execute riff under the anointing. Her tone is just silk and her lower register is intense and powerful plus anyone lady who can play the keyboard, sing flawlessly and have other music masters have the 'stank music face' is a inspiration of mine.

The Reapers Choir : Contestants of the BBC gospel choir of the year, they graced us with clear harmonies and really ushered in the presence of God. Now if 5 people not to mention females can execute 'Total praise' without it feeling like you were cheated. It was just so excellent only worship could follow.

I always had an idea to do a live music night as my birthday bash and this was the perfect example of how I would want it. My only fears are: even though I know musicians around me, I am not known enough for them to actually come as I am not the most popular person and I tend to keep to myself and haven't expanded my music contacts yet and who wants a birthday party that is empty. But you never know what the future holds.

The best thing I found out is that this is a monthly event (I am rather late) so I you will be hearing more about these events in the future.

Tee's Ponder:  Get out the house and go explore !!

Kisses & cuddles
Tee :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment