Monday 5 August 2013

UGCY 2013, What a blast !

Hey Event Lova's

I must confess that I am a sucker for music (excuse my expression), but I just love, love, love the stuff ! Graduate by day and musician by night, I would say I have an eclectic taste for music. However my favourite is Gospel, no doubt about it.
I found out about UGCY in the ending of my first year at university when I was snooping around for information on How to start a choir at my university. University Gospel Choir of the Year or UGCY, is a movement which aims to encourage students to start a gospel choir at higher education and aims to have a gospel choir in all UK university. This was exciting for me because coming from the Caribbean, I was always at these competitions either in the choir or supporting my school when they compete in gospel competitions against other schools. So  I contacted the lovely, Lorraine Wright, the founder of UGCY and my the vision became a reality, and a mini choir was born.

So fast forward 2 years later, This year's UGCY Final was held in Hippodrome in North London. When we arrived, there was a long queue outside the building and we were so excited as we could hear the choirs, although it was vocal warm ups, sweet sounds echoed into the streets. When we finally got into the venue, we were engulfed with the sound of popular gospel anthems from  the house band (EPIC) and me and my little crew were singing out loud and dancing... We had no care in the world,
N.B. Sorry for the people who got annoyed but I actually I have been waiting all year plus I won tickets to attend. Whoop Whoop !!
I was really impressed with the electric atmosphere,Uni supporters, music lovers, the excitement, energy and diversity of what each choir brought to the stage, it was truly inspiring. But in the end Manchester University defended their title and won again. Well done !!
By the way, I loooooveed the UGCY House choir, they brought the presence of God down and they SAAANNNGGG! I got to go and start emailing to see if I can get my little voice in shape. Overall it was great experience, its my second time and it definitely a MUST GO in Tee's Calendar.

Funny enough, you never know what might happen maybe I can I combine my career path (Events  Management) and my passion (Music) hhhmmm, interesting, I guess it has a ring to it *grins*. FYI : Jahmene Douglas was there in the flesh,I wonder who is gonna give a guest appearance next year? See you there !!

                                                        Keep Smiling
                                                                                   :o) Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment